Alpine man killed from debris dropped by helicopter
Iron County Sheriff’s Deputies say 58-year-old Bryan Burr was part of a crew working to control erosion in the area where the Brian Head fire burned this summer.
They say he was on the ground calling out locations where to drop straw mulch over the burn scar when he was hit.
Friends say the husband and father of six will be sorely missed.
“He was the most loyal partner and friend, father and husband that one could ask for,” said Barry Johnson.
Because the incident involved an aircraft, both the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison
- Utah Rep. Mia Love pushes for compromise bill on immigration