Police searching for woman caught stealing from seizing man
MIDVALE — Caught red-handed on camera, police are are looking for a woman who is accused of stealing a 7-11 clerk’s credit card while he was suffering through a seizure on the ground.
Unified Police Detective Ken Hansen said the clerk realized the card was gone in the hospital. Officers went back to the 7-11 and found video of the woman when the man went down. Hansen said at first it looked like she moved to help him.
“But actually removed his wallet from his back pocket while he was down and took out his driver’s license and credit card,” Hansen said. “Then used that car later in the day before the account was closed.”
Employees of the 7-11 told police the woman is a regular at the store, but hasn’t been back since she took the cards on October 4th.
“We’re hoping the video tape we put out will help identify her so we can make contact and arrest her.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field