Big delays expected at Salt Lake International Airport
SALT LAKE CITY — Expect big delays Wednesday and Thursday at the Salt Lake International Airport as officials warn more people fly today and tomorrow than any other two days of the year.
Nancy Volmer, Public Relations Director for the airport says a typical busy day will bring in about 23 thousand people. Wednesday and Thursday they expect to see closer to 27 thousand people.
“Those who are traveling the next couple of days, plan ahead,” Volmer said. “The busiest time of the year. It’s busier than the Thanksgiving holiday. It’s busier than any day in December.”
If you are planning to fly domestically Volmer suggests coming in two hours early, and asks that passengers give themselves at least three. She also warns that often at this time of year the parking garage will fill up quickly.
“Plan some extra time because you may have to park in our economy lot.” Volmer said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck