Police search for suspect in home-invasion robbery
SALT LAKE CITY – The search is on for a man who police say violently attacked a woman in her home on Foothill Drive, then stole her car.
Police say the suspect, a six-foot tall white male with a black hat and sunglasses, knocked on the door of the home on Foothill around 9:30 a.m. Salt Lake City Police Sergeant Brandon Shearer says, “There was a female resident that was home. When she began opening the door, the [suspect] forced his way into the house,” adding, “At which time, he pulled out a weapon and threatened the resident of the home.”
Shearer says the man went through the bedroom, looking for valuables. He was able to get away with two firearms and other items from the home. “Upon leaving the house, he took the victim’s car keys and fled in the victim’s vehicle,” Shearer says.
The victim’s vehicle is a grey 2007 Honda Pilot with plate number 992 PJE.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Demolition begins at the old Utah State Prison in Draper