Police: man posed as doctor to sexually assault women
PROVO — The Utah County Sheriff’s office has arrested a man accused of posting craigslist ads about fake research to attract and sexually assault women.
County Sgt. Spencer Cannon said their first victim reported the abuse on October 18th, telling police that 34 year old, Borzin Mottaghian asked her to take her clothes off below the waist and then took pictures as he probed her with objects.
“This guy is not legitimate at all,” Cannon said, “He is not a doctor.”
The woman felt uncomfortable and went to Provo police afterward. Another woman has since come forward, and deputies believe Mottaghian may have several more victims in the area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook