Police: man posed as doctor to sexually assault women
PROVO — The Utah County Sheriff’s office has arrested a man accused of posting craigslist ads about fake research to attract and sexually assault women.
County Sgt. Spencer Cannon said their first victim reported the abuse on October 18th, telling police that 34 year old, Borzin Mottaghian asked her to take her clothes off below the waist and then took pictures as he probed her with objects.
“This guy is not legitimate at all,” Cannon said, “He is not a doctor.”
The woman felt uncomfortable and went to Provo police afterward. Another woman has since come forward, and deputies believe Mottaghian may have several more victims in the area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- The Queen Center