Democratic committee targeting Utah Rep. Mia Love’s seat
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is targeting an additional 11 races nationwide in 2018, including Utah’s 4th District seat held by Republican Rep. Mia Love.
“The DCCC has successfully built the largest battlefield in over a decade, with strong campaigns ready to win tough races across the map in 2018,” according to a memo from the committee’s chairman, Rep. Ben Ray Lujan, D-N.M.
In response, Representative Love’s Campaign Manager Dave Hansen said:
“Do Nancy Pelosi and the DCCC care about the people of the 4th district? No. Their sights are set on another hand-picked candidate to tip the scales for gridlock in Washington. This move is simply a means to an end for the DCCC under the leadership of the increasingly liberal Nancy Pelosi.”
Read more in the Deseret News here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon