Democratic committee targeting Utah Rep. Mia Love’s seat
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is targeting an additional 11 races nationwide in 2018, including Utah’s 4th District seat held by Republican Rep. Mia Love.
“The DCCC has successfully built the largest battlefield in over a decade, with strong campaigns ready to win tough races across the map in 2018,” according to a memo from the committee’s chairman, Rep. Ben Ray Lujan, D-N.M.
In response, Representative Love’s Campaign Manager Dave Hansen said:
“Do Nancy Pelosi and the DCCC care about the people of the 4th district? No. Their sights are set on another hand-picked candidate to tip the scales for gridlock in Washington. This move is simply a means to an end for the DCCC under the leadership of the increasingly liberal Nancy Pelosi.”
Read more in the Deseret News here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Intermountain Healthcare announces plans to build hospital in Ephraim
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition