Protests planned around President Trump’s expected Utah visit
SALT LAKE CITY — The Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance is planning a protest Saturday at 1 pm at the Utah State Capitol, called “Rally Against Trump’s Monumental Mistake.”
They are upset about reported plans to shrink the sizes of Bears Ears and Grand-Staircase Escalante Monument.
They say they also want to have a street protest on Monday, with details to be announced.
The White House has not yet announced details of the visit.
Not everyone is upset about the proposed changes. The San Juan County Commission sent out an e-mail inviting people to attend a “Unity Rally” in support of the Trump administration on Saturday. The event is intended to say “thank you” to the White House for “listening to their pleas to shrink the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante Monuments.”
That event is going to be held at the San Juan County Administration Building in Monticello.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding