Protests planned around President Trump’s expected Utah visit
SALT LAKE CITY — The Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance is planning a protest Saturday at 1 pm at the Utah State Capitol, called “Rally Against Trump’s Monumental Mistake.”
They are upset about reported plans to shrink the sizes of Bears Ears and Grand-Staircase Escalante Monument.
They say they also want to have a street protest on Monday, with details to be announced.
The White House has not yet announced details of the visit.
Not everyone is upset about the proposed changes. The San Juan County Commission sent out an e-mail inviting people to attend a “Unity Rally” in support of the Trump administration on Saturday. The event is intended to say “thank you” to the White House for “listening to their pleas to shrink the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante Monuments.”
That event is going to be held at the San Juan County Administration Building in Monticello.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Eyeing retirement: How much money is enough after you leave a job?
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested