FDA cracking down on some homeopathy companies
Authorities say it’s good to hear that the Food and Drug Administration will start looking more closely at homeopathic products.
Babies were having seizures from certain homeopathic teething tablets. Other people were finding that their product or treatment was really just an expensive vial of water.
There’s also the worry about contamination
“Right now, FDA is not even looking to see if these things are made in a clean facility, so there’s the risk that some of these products are contaminated with bacteria,” said Erin Fox, the senior director of drug information for University of Utah Health.
Fox is happy to hear the FDA will start acting against companies that make products than could cause harm.
She says talk to your prescriber or physician about all the products and medicines you are using and your goals for them.
Today’s Top Stories
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors