FDA cracking down on some homeopathy companies
Authorities say it’s good to hear that the Food and Drug Administration will start looking more closely at homeopathic products.
Babies were having seizures from certain homeopathic teething tablets. Other people were finding that their product or treatment was really just an expensive vial of water.
There’s also the worry about contamination
“Right now, FDA is not even looking to see if these things are made in a clean facility, so there’s the risk that some of these products are contaminated with bacteria,” said Erin Fox, the senior director of drug information for University of Utah Health.
Fox is happy to hear the FDA will start acting against companies that make products than could cause harm.
She says talk to your prescriber or physician about all the products and medicines you are using and your goals for them.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…