Former BYU RB Ryan Folsom killed in crash
A former BYU running back was killed in a crash with a wrong-way driver this week.
Ryan Folsom died Sunday on I-5 near Anderson, California, on his way to medical residency interviews.
He played for BYU in 2007, and again in 2010-2011.
Preston Hadley says Folsom was one of the most welcoming guys on the team.
“He was one of the first guys who would just reach out and make you feel welcome. He always had a smile on his face,” he said.
Hadley says Folsom just loved to play football. Other teammates are tweeting that he embodied everything good about BYU.
Folsom’s wife was due with their third baby this month.
One day, I shared w/ Lauren Folsom an audio file I thought she and Ryan might appreciate: it was the play-by-play call of Ryan’s highest-profile moment as a BYU back–a 74-yard run in Fort Collins (still the 8th-longest run from scrimmage in BYU history): https://t.co/Ek7c1hOqo6
— Greg Wrubell (@gregwrubell) January 9, 2018
The GoFundMe account is here
His stats from BYU are here
Listen to former teammate Preston Hadley, now on Weber State’s coaching staff, talk about some of his memories by clicking play below.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash