Former BYU RB Ryan Folsom killed in crash
A former BYU running back was killed in a crash with a wrong-way driver this week.
Ryan Folsom died Sunday on I-5 near Anderson, California, on his way to medical residency interviews.
He played for BYU in 2007, and again in 2010-2011.
Preston Hadley says Folsom was one of the most welcoming guys on the team.
“He was one of the first guys who would just reach out and make you feel welcome. He always had a smile on his face,” he said.
Hadley says Folsom just loved to play football. Other teammates are tweeting that he embodied everything good about BYU.
Folsom’s wife was due with their third baby this month.
One day, I shared w/ Lauren Folsom an audio file I thought she and Ryan might appreciate: it was the play-by-play call of Ryan’s highest-profile moment as a BYU back–a 74-yard run in Fort Collins (still the 8th-longest run from scrimmage in BYU history): https://t.co/Ek7c1hOqo6
— Greg Wrubell (@gregwrubell) January 9, 2018
The GoFundMe account is here
His stats from BYU are here
Listen to former teammate Preston Hadley, now on Weber State’s coaching staff, talk about some of his memories by clicking play below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide