Viewing on Thursday for President Monson
Hundreds already filing into the #LDS Conference Center for the viewing of President @ThomasSMonson. These are church employees and their families, as well as missionaries. #Utah #KSLAM #Mormon #PresMonson @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/lQ96yO08In
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) January 11, 2018
SALT LAKE CITY — A public viewing is taking place Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the LDS Conference Center, for President Thomas S. Monson. The viewing is open to all ages.
Funeral services on Friday for President Thomas S. Monson will be open to the public, ages 8 and older.
No tickets are required to attend the services in the Conference Center for the late president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. President Monson died Jan. 2.
Those who plan to attend the funeral, which begins at noon Friday, should be in their seats at the Conference Center no later than 11:30 a.m. Seating is open and available on a first-come, first-served basis with overflow seating in the Tabernacle and Assembly Hall on Temple Square and in the Conference Center Theater.
A private burial service will be at the Salt Lake City Cemetery following the funeral.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses