17 year old babysitter blamed in death of toddler
WEST VALLEY — A teenage babysitter is facing blame for the death of a toddler in his care yesterday.
Roxeanne Vainuku, spokesperson for the West Valley City Police Department, said they were called to 21 month-old Jaycieion Sanchez home yesterday around noon when the toddler stopped breathing. A helicopter transported the boy to a nearby hospital where he passed away.
“Our investigators started looking around and asking questions,” Vainuku said, adding that the toddler’s injuries didn’t match his babysitter’s story to police, “They ended up arresting the 17 year old for investigation of child abuse homicide.”
Police aren’t releasing the name of the teen, but say he is now in juvenile detention, facing suspected charges for child abuse homicide.
Today’s Top Stories
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Church of Jesus Christ announces hack affecting community members’ personal data