Amber Alert issued for South Salt Lake girl
SOUTH SALT LAKE – Police in South Salt Lake on Saturday afternoon issued an Amber Alert for an 8-year-0ld girl believed to have been taken by her non-custodial father.
Police have identified the suspect as Robert Winston. They said he is the subject of a protective order but took his daughter Jaszmine Corianna Leah Winston from the area of 220 East and 3300 South.
Jaszmine was last known to be wearing a pink and white ski jacket and white boots. She has black hair and brown eyes, stands 4-foot-8 and weighs about 80 pounds.
Robert Winston stands 5-foot-6 and weighs 202 pounds. He has black hair. Police said he was believed to be driving a maroon 2013 Chrysler Town and Country with the Nevada license plate 125B91.
Winston is believed to be possibly headed toward Las Vegas.
Police asked that if anyone has information about Wintson’s whereabouts, please call at (801) 840-4000 or simply dial 911.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend