Expansion of newborn screening in Utah includes Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
Jan 31, 2018, 6:19 PM | Updated: 6:20 pm
Utah has started screening newborns for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, as new drug treatments are coming on board for the fatal genetic disease. KSL Newsradio’s Mary Richards reports.
Today’s Top Stories
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Time Out on the Field
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula