Rating the Super Bowl commercials
Chances are you’ll be talking about Super Bowl ads with family, friends or co-workers today.
UVU researchers tracked eye movement and engagement, and they found the top ad to be the Doritos Blaze and Mountain Dew Ice rap battle.
“I loved this ad, it was going so fast,” said Walt McRoberts with Richter 7 in Salt Lake City.
USA Today’s Ad Meter saw the most consumer votes for the Amazon ad when Alexa loses her voice.
On KSL Newsradio’s Facebook page, several commenters say they thought the NFL Dirty Dancing lift was funny.
The most re-watched moment of the Super Bowl for Star Wars fans was the Solo teaser trailer.
But the most unique was probably Tide.
“I loved how they tied that through the whole Super Bowl,” said Chanel Cartier with Richter 7. “It kept you thinking that every ad coming up could be a Tide ad.”
UVU says the avocados commercial had the least amount of engagement. And the ad for Ram trucks, using a Martin Luther King Jr address, is being criticized for connecting commercialism with civil rights.
But other humanitarianism ads got high marks, as in Bud’s and Toyota’s ads.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested