Law enforcement investigating death of 13 year old in Zion National Park
SPRINGDALE — The teen’s body was found yesterday in Refridgerator Canyon along the West Rim Trail. Today Park spokesperson, John Marciano, said the girl is from Southern Utah and was hiking with her family when investigators believe she fell from Angel’s Landing trail.
“It’s hard to say exactly where she fell from.” Marciano said. “That investigation is continuing as we speak.”
No one actually saw the thirteen year old fall, but Marciano said the position and location of her body led investigators to believe she fell from the trail. The path was closed for several hours today as investigators searched for answers. They didn’t find any snow or ice on the trail during the investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort