WVC fire officials: House fire began spontaneously in microwave
A fire ripped through a West Valley City home Tuesday night, forcing a family of four and three pets to get out.
That fire started around 11:30 pm near 4100 South Spring Glen Street, which is about 3300 West.
Investigators believe it started spontaneously in the microwave and spread through the kitchen and into the attic.
That made the job difficult for firefighters as they had to cut several holes in the roof to attack the flames.
Crews estimate the damage to be about $150-thousand dollars.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport