Utah wants to host the Winter Olympics in 2026 or 2030
Utah Governor Gary Herbert signed a resolution saying the Olympics should come back to Salt Lake City.
— Mayor J. Biskupski (@slcmayor) February 7, 2018
Before the signing, the Olympic/Paralympic Exploratory Committee released a new 140 page report outlining that Utah could host again for $1.35 billion.
“This report affirms what we always believed. We are in a position to host the winter games again. Utah is ready, willing and able,” said Governor Herbert.
They are aiming for the 2030 games, but will be putting in a bid for 2026 as well.
— Utah Senate (@utahsenate) February 7, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces