Police ID man found dead in Clearfield after neighbors report shooting in Clinton
CLINTON – A North Ogden man is dead after a shooting that began in Clinton and ended in Clearfield. Investigators are asking the public to help them track down suspects.
Clinton resident Bobbie Jo Weaver heard the gunshots right outside her home on 1000 West Monday night. She remembers telling her son to get down, not knowing who was being fired upon. Weaver says, “It scared the crap out of me. The first thing I could think was, ‘I need to move.’ I’ve got kids I’m raising here.”
Her son, Derin, says it sounded like a nail gun, at first. “It kind of sounded a little bit louder and louder, almost like fireworks. I heard about eight shots go off,” he says.
Investigators say a group of people confronted each other on the street when the shots rang out. Devin Gallegos from North Ogden was hit. Clinton Police Lieutenant Shawn Stoker says some tried to drive Gallegos to get help, but his injuries were too severe. The victim was found by Clearfield Police. “They found a young, adult male deceased in the vehicle. It was determined that that male was involved or related to the shooting we were investigating in our city,” Stoker says.
(Photo Credit: Jeffrey D Allred, Deseret News)
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers