Utah company offering free concealed carry class for teachers, faculty
SALT LAKE CITY — UtahGunExchange.com is offering a free concealed carry class and free permits to teachers, staff, administration, and students over age 18.
The class is coming up on Saturday, March 3.
Owner Bryan Melchior says in a video posted on their social media channels that it will prevent another school shooting.
“Help us protect our children. All criminals should be on notice, that our schools are not gun-free zones.”
He says it is a generous act to carry a concealed firearm.
“When you carry a firearm, what you are saying to your loved ones and your neighbors is that I care enough about you to defend your life.”
— Utah Gun Exchange (@UtahGunExchange) February 16, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City