BYU wins 85-72 stunner over No. 20 Saint Mary’s
LAS VEGAS — BYU forward Yoeli Childs had a career-high 33 points to go with six rebounds and two steals to lead BYU to an 85-72 win over No. 20 Saint Mary’s in a West Coast Conference semifinal Monday night at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
Elijah Bryant added 25 points and five rebounds for the Cougars (24-9), who got 11 points and seven assists from TJ Haws as well as 10 points, six rebounds and four assists from Dalton Nixon.
BYU shot 61 percent from the field, while the Gaels (28-5) made 28-of-56 from the field.
The Cougars advanced to face No. 6 Gonzaga.
You can hear Tuesday night’s WCC Tournament Finals game at 7pm on KSL Newsradio.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Community theater cancels shows after concerns over casting
- “Mini-bottles” could return to Utah state liquor stores