BYU wins 85-72 stunner over No. 20 Saint Mary’s
LAS VEGAS — BYU forward Yoeli Childs had a career-high 33 points to go with six rebounds and two steals to lead BYU to an 85-72 win over No. 20 Saint Mary’s in a West Coast Conference semifinal Monday night at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
Elijah Bryant added 25 points and five rebounds for the Cougars (24-9), who got 11 points and seven assists from TJ Haws as well as 10 points, six rebounds and four assists from Dalton Nixon.
BYU shot 61 percent from the field, while the Gaels (28-5) made 28-of-56 from the field.
The Cougars advanced to face No. 6 Gonzaga.
You can hear Tuesday night’s WCC Tournament Finals game at 7pm on KSL Newsradio.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers