Microburst sends shed 50 feet, briefly trapping girl
A teenager is recovering after a freak accident in the parking lot of a Southern Utah Home Depot.
Sudden high winds hit the area, picked up two display storage sheds and threw them around 50 feet.
A teenage girl became trapped underneath for a time, but got free before Washington City emergency crews arrived.
The St George News says an ambulance took her to Dixie Regional Hospital to treat her injuries. The other person hit by the shed was treated and released at the scene.
The sheds were on display near the Home Depot parking lot, and landed next to the Walmart parking lot on Telegraph Street.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Unopened 1987 Nintendo video game could sell for $10,000
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Utah County announces first female chief investigator
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit