Homes, cars hit by rare gunfire in West Jordan neighborhood
WEST JORDAN — Residents near 5500 West 6885 South are very shaken up. They live in a city where police say gang shootings rarely happen.
Lt. James Bigelow says five homes and 3 cars were all hit by gun fire this weekend, and they believe it was a fight between gang members.
“There were several people impacted that were not involved at all. I mean their homes were in the area and now have bullet holes in them from these gang members shooting back and forth at one another,” said Lt Bigelow.
Officers say they found 19 shell casings so far. Neighbors say they saw a dark sports car driving away.
They hope to get better leads this week.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Iron County Care and Share
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- KSL NewsRadio’s 100th Anniversary Tour
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Cottonwood Heights officer’s use of force not justified, no charges filed
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah