Homes, cars hit by rare gunfire in West Jordan neighborhood
WEST JORDAN — Residents near 5500 West 6885 South are very shaken up. They live in a city where police say gang shootings rarely happen.
Lt. James Bigelow says five homes and 3 cars were all hit by gun fire this weekend, and they believe it was a fight between gang members.
“There were several people impacted that were not involved at all. I mean their homes were in the area and now have bullet holes in them from these gang members shooting back and forth at one another,” said Lt Bigelow.
Officers say they found 19 shell casings so far. Neighbors say they saw a dark sports car driving away.
They hope to get better leads this week.
Today’s Top Stories
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft