Police search for man accused of sexual assault on popular Sandy walking trail.
Sandy police are searching for a man accused of dragging a woman off a popular walking trail in Sandy, and sexually and physically assaulting her in a gully near the Dewey Bluth park.
“This came as a shock to us. This area is pretty quiet. It’s a safe area. Lots of people use this footpath all day long,” said Sgt. Jason Nielson, with Sandy City Police. “Some passerbys found the victim. They were the ones who called 911.”
Nielson said they are looking for an African American man in his 20s, wearing a black beanie with a skeleton fish on it, a plaid jacket, and red and white Vans shoes.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- UDOT makes changes to traffic study after feedback
- Anonymous man pays 12-person dinner bill at Bandit’s Grill and Bar
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Two weekend wrong-way crashes leave three people dead