Resigned Utah teacher under investigation for sexual messages with students
KAYSVILLE — A former teacher is being investigated for sending his students sexual messages over social media.
Court documents say this came to light when the parents of a 14 year old girl went to Kaysville police to report that their daughter had been messaging her teacher at Kaysville Junior High on Instagram for about a week.
The parent started reading the messages and found that they had sexual content and sexual innuendos.
Two more junior high students came forward and said the teacher had also been messaging them, even for up to a year.
Court documents say the teacher said it was only messaging because he was lonely when his wife was gone.
He also taught at Davis High School and was a track coach.
The man is not being identified as he has not been arrested or charged, but the Davis School District says he did resign.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Update: 5-year-old still in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Voters could see an increase in police presence at the polls
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Church leader speaks of caring for the earth at Why It Matters conference
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces