Walmart removes Cosmo from the checkout lane
SALT LAKE CITY – Walmart is no longer putting Cosmopolitan in its checkout lanes.
The National Center on Sexual Exploitation (NCOSE) says the conversations it had with Walmart executives led to their decision to pull Cosmo from the racks as customers finish their grocery shopping. The Center says this is a significant step toward creating a culture where women are valued as a whole person rather than sexual objects.
Walmart says the decision to remove Cosmopolitan is entirely a business decision; the magazine will still be available elsewhere in the store, just not in plain view at the checkout.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12-year-old girl in critical condition after getting hit by parade car in Kaysville
- Manhunt underway for gunman after mass shooting at July 4th parade in Highland Park, Illinois
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Silver alert activated in American Fork, missing possibly in Wendover
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday night’s shooting