LDS General Conference Special Programming
This article is sponsored by Progressive Power Solutions. Progressive Power designs, installs and maintains residential and commercial solar. They specialize in the solar + storage solutions. They also troubleshoot and fix solar installs done incorrectly by other installers.
All of their installers are licensed and led by NABCEP certified individuals insuring high quality installs. Visit them online at ppsolar.com.
“I believe in treating others the way i would like to be treated. This governs the way i do business.” – Norman Harrison C.E.O.
SALT LAKE CITY — KSL Newsradio has announced its programming lineup for the 188th Semi-annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
A special edition of KSL Greenhouse will air Saturday morning at 8:00, followed by coverage from Temple Square starting at 9:30 and the first session at 10:00.
At noon, between General Conference sessions, Lindsay Aerts, the host of The Mom Show, will anchor a special event called “Modern Day Motherhood Myths,” examining social media, media images and other messaging that can make moms feel inadequate.
At 1 pm, Dave Noriega and Debbie Dujanovic, the hosts of Dave & Dujanovic, look into whether elementary schools are geared to help girls succeed while failing to do the same for boys, in a special hour entitled “Boosting Our Boys’ Grades.”
The Saturday afternoon session of General Conference begins at 2 pm, followed by Amanda Dickson, host of Utah’s Morning News and A Woman’s View, in a program called “Seeking a Path to Safety,” which will delve into the roles of law enforcement, mental health, government and the family in stopping mass shootings.
Sunday morning at 8:00, Dickson returns to the airwaves with a special edition of A Woman’s View, followed by Doug Wright’s Everyday Lives, Everyday Values. Music and the Spoken Word airs at 9:30, followed by the first Sunday session of General Conference starting at 10:00.
At noon, Marc Giauque, KSL Newsradio News Director, hosts a special hour of coverage featuring LDS Church President Russell M. Nelson. “Opening Nations and Hearts” will explore President Nelson’s new book as well as preview his upcoming world tour.
At 1 pm, Doug Wright hosts “Trek, the Movie,” sponsored by Excel Entertainment.
The final Sunday session of General Conference will air starting at 2 pm.
All Conference programming will stream live at kslnewsradio.com and on the KSL Newsradio app.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Unsheltered Utah opens warming tent for unhoused people to escape frigid temperatures
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday