Seven new temples announced for LDS Church
Just before the close of the 188th annual LDS general conference, President Russell M. Nelson announced plans to build seven new temples.
These temples will be in: Salta, Argentina; Bengaluru, India; Managua Nicaragua; Cagayan de Oro, Philippines; Layton, Utah; Richmond, Virginia; and a major city yet to be determined in Russia.
MormonNewsroom.org says these seven announced temples bring the total number of operating temples (159) and temples announced or under construction (30) to 189 worldwide.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Roe V. Wade overturned by Supreme Court
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Biden calls abortion ruling ‘a sad day’ for country
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
- Congress sends landmark gun violence compromise to Biden
- Sandy man identified as individual killed in Nevada car crash