Police: Man stole $10,000 worth of items from Southern Utah stores
ST. GEORGE — A California man is accused of stealing thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Walmarts throughout Southern Utah.
The St. George News reports police believe John Diedrich took as much as 10-thousand dollars worth of things like electronics in a series of shoplifting attempts in Hurricane, St. George and Washington City.
Court documents say he was arrested after a security officer saw what he was doing at the Hurricane Walmart. The officer says Diedrich put items into reusable bags, then hid them in the store and left.
He then came back and walked out with those bags.
The St. George News says when he came back a third time and started filling up a cart with items, security stopped him.
They then connected him with shoplifting at stores in the other cities as well.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces