NB I-15 moving again near Payson
PAYSON — Northbound I-15 was closed Thursday morning near Payson after a truck overturned near the 800 South overpass.
Traffic cameras showed police appearing to keep traffic from crossing the bridge. Vehicles on I-15 were being diverted around the overpass using the 800 South exit, then immediately back onto the freeway.
NOW: @PaysonFire on scene of a rollover involving a semi truck, this on I-15 near MM 249. The semi blocking all lanes of traffic northbound. (pics: @PaysonFire) @KSL5TV @KSLTraffic pic.twitter.com/mdOUXMLp80
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) April 5, 2018
Pictures shared by the Payson Fire Department showed the truck, a tractor-trailer, laying on its side under the overpass. There appeared to be a lot of debris on the roadway as well.
However, crews were able to re-open at least one northbound lane by mid-morning. Traffic remained backed up, but was moving again.
There was no word on what caused the crash.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]