Utah Jazz win, promote two players for big awards
SALT LAKE CITY — A big win Thursday night for the Utah Jazz means they have widened their lead for the No. 4 playoff spot in the West.
The Jazz beat the L.A. Clippers 117-95, eliminating the Clippers from the Western Conference playoff race.
There is a lot of excitement and energy surrounding the team right now. FiveThirtyEight says the Jazz have a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
Meanwhile, the Utah Jazz public relations department is really pushing for Donovan Mitchell to be NBA Rookie of the Year, and for Rudy Gobert to be Defensive Player of the Year.
The Deseret News reports the Jazz have two new official campaigns, and have sent promotional packets out to postseason awards voters around the NBA this week.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland