Tractor-trailer catches fire near downtown SLC
Apr 6, 2018, 7:24 AM | Updated: 9:32 am
SALT LAKE CITY — A tractor-trailer that caught fire near the Spaghetti Bowl on southbound I-15 blocked several lanes of traffic and forcing a number of drivers to take the collector ramp to avoid it during the height of the morning commuter rush.
It happened around 7 a.m. Friday morning.
UDOT traffic cameras showed the truck on the right-hand shoulder as police and fire vehicles blocked traffic to accommodate crews dousing the flames.
There was no immediate word on a cause.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows