Tractor-trailer catches fire near downtown SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — A tractor-trailer that caught fire near the Spaghetti Bowl on southbound I-15 blocked several lanes of traffic and forcing a number of drivers to take the collector ramp to avoid it during the height of the morning commuter rush.
It happened around 7 a.m. Friday morning.
UDOT traffic cameras showed the truck on the right-hand shoulder as police and fire vehicles blocked traffic to accommodate crews dousing the flames.
There was no immediate word on a cause.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Suspect arrested, one victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Tom Brady announces retirement: ‘I’m retiring for good’
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road