One dead in officer-involved shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY — At least one person, a man, is dead after an officer-involved shooting near 3500 South and 2100 West in West Valley City.
It happened near 3580 S. Jenelles Bay (2140 West) on Sunday afternoon.
West Valley City Police Chief Colleen Jacobs said officers were responding to the report of a business theft on Redwood Road, apparently at a cell phone shop, in which the suspect fled the scene.
According to Jacobs, during the pursuit that followed, the suspect entered at least two different residences. At the second, where three children were present, shots were fired and the suspect was killed.
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) April 8, 2018
As is protocol in situations where officers use deadly force, another department will be conducting the investigation. In this case, a team from the Unified Police Department will take charge.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead