One dead in officer-involved shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY — At least one person, a man, is dead after an officer-involved shooting near 3500 South and 2100 West in West Valley City.
It happened near 3580 S. Jenelles Bay (2140 West) on Sunday afternoon.
West Valley City Police Chief Colleen Jacobs said officers were responding to the report of a business theft on Redwood Road, apparently at a cell phone shop, in which the suspect fled the scene.
According to Jacobs, during the pursuit that followed, the suspect entered at least two different residences. At the second, where three children were present, shots were fired and the suspect was killed.
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) April 8, 2018
As is protocol in situations where officers use deadly force, another department will be conducting the investigation. In this case, a team from the Unified Police Department will take charge.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- U of U students rally in support of Mahsa Amini, woman killed in Iran