Utah Jazz clinch playoff spot
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz beat the LA Lakers 112-97 Sunday night, and thereby clinched a spot in the post season for the second year in a row.
Jazz players certainly had a reason to rejoice in the locker room. The playoffs seemed to be an impossible dream in January when the team fell to 19-28 after a loss to Atlanta.
Since that loss, the Jazz have gone 28 and 5.
“We worked really hard as a team and as a organization to get to this point and we’re all excited but it’s only the beginning,” said Rudy Gobert.
“Who?” asked Joe Ingles when asked by a reporter about Gordon Hayward leaving.
— Jeremiah Jensen (@JJSportsBeat) April 9, 2018
Ingles ended Sunday night’s game with 22 points and 10 assists for the Jazz, including a slam dunk.
Head coach Quin Snyder let the team celebrate, then turned their focus to the next two games, which will determine what seed they end up with in the playoffs.
Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder said he’s proud of the team for clinching a playoff spot today. pic.twitter.com/8WRQRsmd7n
— Eric Woodyard (@E_Woodyard) April 9, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- West Valley house fire leaves 80-year-old dead
- UPDATE: Police say no bomb found after threat and evacuation at East High School
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Men without college degrees leaving the workforce, according to new study
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Mostly mountain snow expected this weekend through next week
- Sinema leaving the Democratic Party and registering as an independent