Jazz win big, set up higher playoff spot in the West
SALT LAKE CITY — The Jazz beat Golden State 119-79 on Tuesday.
They led by 45 points at one point, extended their winning streak to six games in a row, and set themselves up for a good position in the playoffs.
With the win, the Jazz improved to 48-33, after starting the season 19-28.
They have one more regular season game tonight on the road against Portland. If they beat the Trail Blazers, the Jazz would be enter the playoffs as the No. 3 seed in the West. If they lose, the Jazz likely will end up no lower than No. 5 seed. (See all the playoff scenarios here).
Also during the night, Donovan Mitchell broke the NBA rookie record for 3-pointers in a season, with his 186th 3.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash