Argument, alcohol lead to crash in Cottonwood Heights, police say
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A drunken argument between a 65-year-old driver and her adult grandson caused quite a bit of damage overnight near 2800 East and Fort Union Boulevard, police said.
Police say the woman and her 20-year-old grandson were drunk and arguing when the grandson yanked the wheel, causing the vehicle to jump the curb and miss a jogger by just a foot or two. The vehicle then crashed into a fence, a tree and a house — just above the window where a child was sleeping.
A Salt Lake County Jail report identifies them as Vickie Robinson and Alexander Chase Robinson.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Crashes and bad weather cause traffic across Utah
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy