Thousands expected to participate in Salt Lake City Marathon
Apr 20, 2018, 7:17 AM | Updated: 6:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Athletes from all over are gearing up for the annual Salt Lake City Marathon, which makes its return this weekend.
This is the 15th straight year for the event which will bring thousands of athletes and spectators to the valley. The Salt Lake City Marathon also has several different competitions to choose from. This includes both a full and half marathon, a bike tour, a 5K, a 10K inline skate race, and a kid’s race. Spectators also come to watch the athletes perform.
The beginning of the race is at the Olympic Legacy Bridge at the University of Utah and it all finishes at 200 East between Library and Washington Squares. This will bring some road closures people will want to be aware of.
- 200 East between Washington and Library Squares
- 500 South between 300 East and State Street
- Federal Heights Drive and 11th Avenue
- Bonneville Boulevard and State Street
- South Temple, 900 East and 1100 East
- 1500 East, Sugarhouse Park and 1700 South
- 2100 South, 1700 East, 700 South and 2000 East
- 2300 East and Holladay Boulevard
- 4500 South and 3900 South
- Highland Drive, 2700 South and 600 East
- Liberty Park (east side)
- 900 South, 300 East, 400 East and 500 East
You can still register to the event here. Spectators will also have various sections they can go to and watch the athletes.