Vivint Smart Home Arena decked out before game three Jazz v Thunder
SALT LAKE CITY – The 18 thousand seats inside Vivint Smart Home Arena are all covered in either red, orange or gold colored t-shirts with the Utah Jazz signature note and the phrase “Take Note” on the front.
The colors are designed to match the “City Edition” uniforms from Nike, which are new this year. Team Spokesman Frank Zang says they didn’t want their “City Edition” jerseys to simply look like Salt Lake City, since, he says, the Jazz team belongs to the entire state. Zang says some fans didn’t know what to think, at first, but, eventually, they grew to love it.
“Even though it’s called the ‘City Edition,’ it really is reflective of southern Utah, the red rocks. It’s a non-traditional color scheme for us, and it’s been very well received through the season,” Zang says.
Nearly 100 team employees volunteered their time to cover each chair, and were able to get it done surprisingly quickly. They’re also prepping a massive banner 100 feet long, 65 feet high that will be unfurled by the fans at the game.
“It literally will cover three sections of the stands, and will say, ‘Take Note,’” he adds.
On Monday’s game, things will look different inside. The team will wear their white uniforms, so white t-shirts will be placed all over the arena. Zang says they have activities and promotions planned for every potential game of the playoffs.
“It’s a special time of year. I think it’s the best time of year in Utah when the Jazz are in the playoffs because everyone gets behind the team,” Zang says.
Saturday’s game tips off at 8 p.m. A “Fan Fest” will take place on the plaza two hours before game time.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Utah wildfires currently burning within the state