Jazz take 2-1 series lead over OKC
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz thundered to a 2-1 series lead Saturday before a sellout crowd at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Ricky Rubio led the Jazz in the 115-102 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder with a triple-double. The point guard finished the night with 26 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists.
🎥| Ricky gets a triple-double in front of the home crowd ❤️
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) April 22, 2018
Rookie Donovan Mitchell had 22 points and 11 rebounds, Joe Ingles had 21 points and Rudy Gobert scored 18 points and pulled down 12 rebounds.
After the game, Rubio reflected on his performance. “Game 1 wasn’t what I expected as far as me shooting the ball, and I wanted to get better and get some extra work and build confidence,”
Rubio’s triple-double Saturday night was historic. It was the first in a postseason since John Stockton and the third in franchise history, joining Stockton and Rickey Green.
Having my name next to his is an honor, Rubio said of Stockton. “I don’t know what else to say. Its huge. I have huge respect for him and playing here he was great because I know how important a point guard he is for this franchise and I feel great”, he said.
The Jazz face the Thunder in game four at home Monday night.
Listen to the latest episode of the Jazz Notes podcast, On the train after Utah’s game 3, with Cleon Wall.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead