Flu Season May Be On Its Way Out But Allergy Season Has Just Begun
SALT LAKE CITY– Most of Utah is recording medium levels of pollen, with high levels out in Eastern Utah.
The worst offenders are Juniper, Olive and Ash trees. All three putting out high levels of pollen this time of year.
Dave Switzer, Director of Media Relations for the app Sickweather, said his company tracks every post on social media that mentions illness or allergies.
“We’re showing on a map where that’s occurring,” Switzer said. “You can actually see little pockets where things are happening in a metro area.”
You can also see daily pollen forecasts on pollen.com. Right now Salt Lake city is registering as “medium-high” on the pollen index.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook