WVC teacher accused of child sex abuse
WEST VALLEY CITY — A charter school teacher has been arrested and accused of sexually abusing a child, and police are concerned there may be other victims.
Kyle Hill, 32, is a teacher at Endeavor Hall on Decker Lake Lane in West Valley City. Police say the Provo resident is accused of molesting a student. He is also under investigation for sexual exploitation of a child. In a statement, West Valley City police said he is accused of taking illegal pictures of the victim.
According to a Salt Lake County Jail report, the parents of a 9-year-old student contacted police to report the abuse on Sunday. Police say Hill went to the boy’s home this month to watch a movie, but wound up talking about R-rated movie sex scenes.
On Monday, “detectives made contact with Mr. Hill and processed his classroom for evidence. During the course of this investigation, detectives gathered information that Mr. Hill had touched the child inappropriately,” police said in a statement.
The boy told detectives Hill pulled him aside during recess to take pictures and asked him to show [Hill] his underwear.
Hill is also accused of “sending daily written notes,” according to the report, “including request to see [him] naked and record him in various poses.”
The report alleges the abuse took place between September and December of 2017, with a sexual assault in November, then continued note-writing in January, and the home visit in April.
“(The boy) said that Mr. Hill would also offer him candy or ‘extra class money’ if (the boy) would mark yes to Mr. Hill’s requests,” the report states.
Hill was a student teacher at Timpanogos Elementary School in Provo, and has been at Endeavor Hall, a K-8 charter school with an emphasis on writing, for the last three years. Out of concern there could be other victims, police are asking anyone who has additional information about Hill to call them at 801-840-4000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- A 21-year-old man formally charged in fatal Ogden shooting
- West Valley police searching for suspect in apartment stabbing