Busy I-15 off-ramp closed by crash involving pedestrian
SALT LAKE CITY — One of the busiest connection points to downtown Salt Lake City was closed for almost 3 hours, after a crash involving a pedestrian hit by a vehicle.
Salt Lake Police and the Utah Highway Patrol closed the 6th South offramp from NB I-15 and EB I-80 into the city for their investigation, between about 5 AM and 8 AM on Wednesday morning.
Here’s a look at @UTHighwayPatrol putting out flares and cones on I-15 NB as they CLOSE the exit ramp to 600 South SLC. The ramp feom I-80 EB to 600 South is already CLOSED due to auto/ped accident. pic.twitter.com/nHCoLNVZea
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) April 25, 2018
Police say a man was crossing 6th South at about 4th West when he was hit by a car going eastbound at 4:54 AM.
The victim was taken to a local hospital in extremely critical condition. Police could not say for sure if he was crossing with or against traffic.
Police say the driver is cooperating with their investigation.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) April 25, 2018
A similar crash last August just about a block away closed the off-ramp for hours and snarled traffic around the valley.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Moscow police say 6th person on lease isn’t involved in Idaho homicides
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Fiercely self-sufficient Hell’s Backbone cafe owners turn to public for help