Ricky Rubio ruled out for Game 1 against Houston Rockets
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz announced Ricky Rubio will not play Game 1 Sunday against the Houston Rockets. He could miss an extended period of time as well.
Ricky Rubio is out for game 1 due to his hamstring issue. @wojespn reports a 10 day recovery time… meaning maybe Game 4/Game 5?
— Andy Larsen (@andyblarsen) April 28, 2018
The Jazz’s starting point guard strained his left hamstring in the first quarter of the Jazz clinching win Friday against the Oklahoma City Thunder. No return date has been set, but Rubio could be out as many as 10 days after an MRI on Saturday.
After the report came out Rubio expressed his optimism. “Never too high, never too low,” Rubio said on his Twitter page.
Never too high, never too low.
— Ricky Rubio (@rickyrubio9) April 28, 2018
In the first round against the Thunder the point guard averaged 14 points per game, dished out 7 assists, and pulled down 7.3 rebounds. In Game 3 he had a triple-double in a 115-102 victory for the Jazz. It was the first triple-double in a playoff game since John Stockton in 2001.
The Jazz will again have to rely on rookie sensation Donovan Mitchell. He scored 38 points on 26 shots in Game 6 Friday. Despite not having Rubio, Mitchell remains confident.
We gon hold it down for you Rick!🙏🏾💯✊🏾 https://t.co/W9OIVK42V6
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) April 28, 2018
The schedule for the series will depend on the outcome of Milwaukee and Boston games tonight. Tip-off against the Rockets is at 1:30 PM Sunday on ABC.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field