Box Elder county man in critical condition after 2-crashes
BOX ELDER — A 54-year-old man from Northern Utah is in critical condition after state troopers say he got out of his vehicle after a crash and was then struck by another vehicle.
Utah Highway Patrol troopers say Joe Harper apparently lost control of his vehicle after getting a flat tire, crashing his truck into a pole. But it was about 3/4 of a mile away from his GMC when he was struck by a large vehicle on S.R. 30 near Garland, about 3 a.m. Friday morning.
Harper’s family says they are not looking to press charges against whoever hit him. They understand the driver did not see him or realize that they hit him; but they are asking that the driver come forward to help give them answers as to what happened.
Utah Highway Patrol Sergeant Lawrence Hopper is also asking for the public’s help in finding who hit Harper. Anyone with information should contact Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office.
Sgt. Hopper says the extent of the injuries indicate a semi, large truck or van are likely what hit Harper.
Harper is in critical condition at the ICU at McKay-Dee Hospital. The family has set up a Wells Fargo Bank Account to help raise funds for Joe and his family.
There is a Facebook fundraiser as well: https://www.facebook.com/donate/1931345136940399/1656927644383136/
*Disclaimer: KSL has not verified the accuracy of the information provided with respect to the account nor does KSL assure that the monies deposited will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit or donation you should consult your own advisors and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- U of U students rally in support of Mahsa Amini, woman killed in Iran
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer