Donovan Mitchell promises “The Sky’s the Limit”
SALT LAKE CITY — Donovan Mitchell says Utah will get a championship, as soon as next year.
He wrote his first piece for The Player’s Tribune this week, saying the Jazz will be back.
Mitchell wrote about how tough it was after losing to Houston in Game 5 and getting off the plane feeling they had let Salt Lake City down.
But then he saw all the fans who showed up in the middle of the night to cheer for them.
“I’ve never…had fans do that, so that was pretty big for us.” pic.twitter.com/D0e05FtvlO
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) May 16, 2018
Mitchell said he knew it was the start of something special, and he is using it all as fuel during the off-season to get better.
And he ends the piece, “Hopefully the next time we hang out at the airport, we’ll bring a trophy.”
Meanwhile, recent tweets by other Jazz players have fans feeling even better about the team.
Rudy Gobert tweeted “Our turn is coming” after the Golden State Warriors beat the Houston Rockets to advance to the NBA Finals.
Our turn is coming
— Rudy Gobert (@rudygobert27) May 29, 2018
And Joe Ingles has been firm in his love for the state, correcting fans on Twitter who try to get him to talk about another market.
You mean Utah? Yeah I love Utah! Also love living there… https://t.co/cnyzFprAxn
— Joe Ingles (@Joeingles7) May 29, 2018
Thanks! I’m rolling with the Jazz! https://t.co/4RMK1h72LG
— Joe Ingles (@Joeingles7) May 27, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Unopened 1987 Nintendo video game could sell for $10,000