CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Police looking for man who “brandished gun” at Clinton Walmart
CLINTON — Authorities responded to a 911 call at the Clinton Walmart on reports of a suspicious man with a handgun in the parking lot.
Police evacuated the building when they got to the scene but the man had already met up with a woman, made a few purchases, and left in a vehicle, according to Clinton Police Sgt. Richard Murdock.
The suspect was seen on Walmart cameras wearing camouflage pants and a gray t-shirt. Police say he is in his 20s and left in a white SUV.
According to police, the evacuation lasted so long because they wanted to “make sure it was safe for everyone.” They also want to establish if threats were made or if this is a “misunderstanding by members of the community.”
The Walmart is now open but the investigation is on-going.
Investigators are still looking for the man to bring him in for questioning. We will update this article when we have more information.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Snow causing roofs to collapse across the state, expert offers helpful tips
- Somebody wants the Bible removed from Davis County school libraries