Teen girl dies after fall in Santaquin Canyon
SANTAQUIN, Utah County — A 16-year-old girl has died after falling about 60 feet in Santaquin Canyon, officials say.
Utah County Sheriff’s Sgt. Spencer Cannon tweeted about 11 a.m. Monday that the girl had fallen while about 4 miles up the canyon. An officer at the scene shortly after the girl fell performed CPR, but the teen didn’t survive.
The girl’s name and details about the circumstances surrounding the fall were not immediately released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker