Utah Jazz select Grayson Allen with 21st pick in the NBA Draft
NEW YORK – The Utah Jazz selected Duke’s college basketball standout Grayson Allen with the 21st pick in the 2018 NBA Draft.
The Utah Jazz officially take Duke’s Grayson Allen at No. 21 in the NBA Draft. Jazz coach Quin Snyder and assistant coach Antonio Lang are both Duke alumni. It makes sense. #TakeNote
— Eric Woodyard (@E_Woodyard) June 22, 2018
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski first broke the news while the Utah Jazz were on the clock. Allen averaged 15.5 points per game, dished out 4.5 assists per game, and pulled 3.3 rebounds per game for the Blue Devils. He also played four seasons with Duke.
The Utah Jazz’s Donovan Mitchell even quickly interrupted Grayson Allen’s interview to embrace the Jazz’s new rookie and talk about what the two can do together next year.
“We can do so many things as you saw this season,” Mitchell said.
“Adding a guy like him, elite scorer, great guy, great defender who plays unselfish—man, we got a good one in him and we’re excited.”
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) June 22, 2018
Both players competed in the ACC against each other for a couple of years.
“We had a bunch of good battles when he played at Louisville,” Allen said. “I’m excited to be on the same team now.”
The Utah Jazz’s Summer League will begin July 2nd where Jazz fans will most likely get a chance to see Allen on the hardwood. Games will be at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- U of U community reacts to discovery of hidden cameras in campus bathrooms
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 18-year-old connected to Orem shooting turns himself in
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah