Tuesday is Primary day in Utah
It’s Primary Election Day in Utah, although most counties are conducting it by mail and sent out the ballots three weeks ago.
Good morning and happy #PrimaryElection Day here in #Utah! Polls open at 7 a.m. REMINDER: It’s too late to mail your ballot. Make sure to drop it off at a drop box or a polling location today. @KSL5TV @KSLcom @kslnewsradio #KSLam pic.twitter.com/zCZGB1koJX
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) June 26, 2018
Locations of drop boxes include city halls, libraries and county government centers. For example, here is a list in Salt Lake County and here is a list in Utah County and here’s more information about Davis County. Or you can go to vote.utah.gov to see where you can vote in person.
“The drop boxes and voting centers are open until 8 pm,” said Salt Lake County Clerk Sherrie Swensen.
The Republican primary is only for those who register as a Republican, but the Democratic primary is open. School Board races are unaffiliated.
“The general election is when people actually elect the people who will hold office,” Swensen noted.
Republican Mitt Romney faces Mike Kennedy in the US Senate race, and John Curtis is up against Chris Herrod again in the Republican primary for 3rd Congressional District.
There are also other primary races like in the Utah County Sheriff’s race, some state house seats, unaffiliated school board elections, and others around the state.
Cache County is offering extra assistance because they had an unexpected delay in getting their ballots out.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library system
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans