Tuesday is Primary day in Utah
It’s Primary Election Day in Utah, although most counties are conducting it by mail and sent out the ballots three weeks ago.
Good morning and happy #PrimaryElection Day here in #Utah! Polls open at 7 a.m. REMINDER: It’s too late to mail your ballot. Make sure to drop it off at a drop box or a polling location today. @KSL5TV @KSLcom @kslnewsradio #KSLam pic.twitter.com/zCZGB1koJX
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) June 26, 2018
Locations of drop boxes include city halls, libraries and county government centers. For example, here is a list in Salt Lake County and here is a list in Utah County and here’s more information about Davis County. Or you can go to vote.utah.gov to see where you can vote in person.
“The drop boxes and voting centers are open until 8 pm,” said Salt Lake County Clerk Sherrie Swensen.
The Republican primary is only for those who register as a Republican, but the Democratic primary is open. School Board races are unaffiliated.
“The general election is when people actually elect the people who will hold office,” Swensen noted.
Republican Mitt Romney faces Mike Kennedy in the US Senate race, and John Curtis is up against Chris Herrod again in the Republican primary for 3rd Congressional District.
There are also other primary races like in the Utah County Sheriff’s race, some state house seats, unaffiliated school board elections, and others around the state.
Cache County is offering extra assistance because they had an unexpected delay in getting their ballots out.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend