Utah’s Mike Lee and Thomas Lee on US Supreme Court shortlist
WASHINGTON DC — The list of possible candidates for a US Supreme Court vacancy includes Utah Senator Mike lee, and his brother Thomas Lee, a member of the Utah Supreme Court.
Justice Anthony Kennedy is retiring.
Senator Lee said he would be open to serving if asked.
He said he started watching Supreme Court arguments for fun when he was 10 years old. But he added the president has a decision to make and he trusts his ability to make it well.
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) June 28, 2018
Senator Ted Cruz said Senator Lee should be the pick.
— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) June 27, 2018
Thomas Lee made no comment on the impending vacancy. But a study published last year concluded that Thomas Lee had the best chance to replace the late Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.
The Lee brothers were on the list to replace Scalia, and the President has said he will again consult that list.
— Brian Martin (@RadioBrian) June 28, 2018
- The gas tax and education: a voter's guide to Q1
- Go green? A voter's guide to Prop 2
- Proposition 3: Medicaid expansion on the ballot
- A voter's guide to Proposition 4: redistricting in Utah
- Constitutional Amendment A: a Utah voter's guide
- Amendment B: property tax exemptions
- Amendment C: should lawmakers be able to convene themselves?