WASHINGTON DC — The list of possible candidates for a US Supreme Court vacancy includes Utah Senator Mike lee, and his brother Thomas Lee, a member of the Utah Supreme Court.
Justice Anthony Kennedy is retiring.
Senator Lee said he would be open to serving if asked.
He said he started watching Supreme Court arguments for fun when he was 10 years old. But he added the president has a decision to make and he trusts his ability to make it well.
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) June 28, 2018
Senator Ted Cruz said Senator Lee should be the pick.
— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) June 27, 2018
Thomas Lee made no comment on the impending vacancy. But a study published last year concluded that Thomas Lee had the best chance to replace the late Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.
The Lee brothers were on the list to replace Scalia, and the President has said he will again consult that list.
— Brian Martin (@RadioBrian) June 28, 2018
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings