10-year-old dies in scuba accident in Tooele County
WENDOVER, Tooele County – Tooele County Sheriff’s Office says a 10-year-old boy died Wednesday while scuba diving at a lake near the Nevada state line.
The boy was out diving with his father at Blue Lake in Tooele County. Authorities believe the boy may have ascended too quickly and while the father was certified, the boy had not.
“They were about at 25 feet when the boy ascended quickly, up to the surface,” Tooele County Sheriff Lt. Ron Johnson said. “When he got out of the water, he started having some issues from possibly ascending too quickly.”
Responders were not able to revive the boy at the scene.
Blue Lake is about 16 miles south of Wendover. This story will be updated as more information is learned.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social media scroll