10-year-old dies in scuba accident in Tooele County
WENDOVER, Tooele County – Tooele County Sheriff’s Office says a 10-year-old boy died Wednesday while scuba diving at a lake near the Nevada state line.
The boy was out diving with his father at Blue Lake in Tooele County. Authorities believe the boy may have ascended too quickly and while the father was certified, the boy had not.
“They were about at 25 feet when the boy ascended quickly, up to the surface,” Tooele County Sheriff Lt. Ron Johnson said. “When he got out of the water, he started having some issues from possibly ascending too quickly.”
Responders were not able to revive the boy at the scene.
Blue Lake is about 16 miles south of Wendover. This story will be updated as more information is learned.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- U of U community reacts to discovery of hidden cameras in campus bathrooms
- 18-year-old connected to Orem shooting turns himself in
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah